So I made a pledge to myself to start living an amazing life. Not that I don’t already live an amazing life, but I just want to start taking up other extracurricular activities. I just think it’s important to be well-rounded and have life experiences. I have some friends that go on trips all the time and come back to San Diego with amazing memories and stories that I’m constantly envious of.
Here’s an incomplete list of checklist of stuff I’d like to accomplish in the next few months (in no particular order):
- Nationwide tour
- Bungee jumping (COMPLETE)
- Start recording full-band album
- Learn to speak Chinese (Mandarin)
- Become a better cook (COMPLETE/On-going)
- Take up new athletic activities like soccer, surfing, etc. (COMPLETE/On-going)
- Go on more outdoor trips per year (COMPLETE/Going backpacking again in July)
- Visit New York, Boston and Washington DC separately from a music tour
- Travel overseas somewhere
- Write one really great song
- Collaborate with more people that I respect (COMPLETE/On-going)
They may not seem like much, but they are big things for me. Hopefully, I can check off more of these as the year progresses. If you’d like to partake or help with any of these activities, the more the merrier!